Friday, June 11, 2010

Sick

I hate being sick.  There must be something in my personality that want to chose to give in or act as if I'm not sick.  This time I let myself be sick because I knew I'd be down longer if I chose to ignore it.  I actually took a day off work and hung out with Sarah.  My little helper went and got me otter pops and ice water whenever she noticed I was getting close to running down....I have to say I definitely stayed hydrated!  I'm lucky to have such a wonderful family.  Growing up all I remember about being sick was that it was inconvenient.  My mom, though a nice person, was not the "nurturing" sort.  She means well, says the right things, but you knew it would be good for you to get over it soon.  My dad, only missed a couple of days work in 30 odd years of teaching.  You had to almost dying to justify missing school or work.  So I guess I have fought myself in being or getting sick.

Unfortunately I get upper respiratory things easily.  Since moving to the desert Tracy will tell you that I'm always on decongestants.  We are neither one, comfortable with this but I'm not sure how it will change until we get out of here. 

I got my voice back yesterday.  I'm not sure if anyone would say this is a good thing or not!  Sarah has used my illness as a way to take herself over to all her friends "so that she won't get it too :)"  I know that I am ready to be done with it and get back to life!

No comments: