Monday, June 14, 2010

Let this be a lesson

Sadly I am not a person of habit, but I find that Sarah really likes some things to be the same.  She was the kid, that when we moved 8 yrs ago, had to have her room set up exactly as it was in our old house.  Once it was, she was able to settle in and sleep.  Food has always been an issue.  She has a few basic rules...food can't touch...sauces are illegal...most vegetables are yucky  I've tried not to be a caterer but after awhile you just want to see your kid eat.  So we've found the compromise...some days are Sarah food days :) Monday - Spaghetti and Meatballs (barely a gloss of sauce and lots of meatballs), Friday - Pizza (light sauce and cheese only).  Today I made tuna helper...God help me..

.I broke down and made a box meal since daddy was working late.  Tuna helper is now deemed one of the best foods ever. 

If I had made it from scratch, she would never have liked it!  Crazy right  I guess you can never tell what will spark some interest in some new foods.  Hopefully this means we are opening up new horizons of food choices. 

1 comment:

Erika said...

Love it! lol I too have been forced to tread in the aisle of boxed process foods - only difference was that ours was not Tuna Helper, rather it was Pasta Roni. Sigh.