Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day and Beyond.....

We had a really nice weekend.  I love the three days that seems to give you just enough time to relax and recharge!  I can't say that we often spend times that are necessarily relaxing but for us accomplishment is a release!  Tracy and I found a "salvage" pile over at the abandoned house's and have been helping take down the pile by taking rocks and boulders.  This means, of couse, loading up the back of the truck with tons of rock, literally.  I'm not sure how many tons we moved in the first couple of days but I know it was at least a few.  I stopped us short on Sunday by dropping a large rock on my finger and cracking the nail in the middle.  I'm a wimp so after that, I was moving no more rock for the weekend.  We were also lucky enough to have dad call us to tell us that one of his neighbors was yanking out some small cactus type plants.  For the price of a little free labor we were able to lay down a dry river bed interspersed with a few plants. 

We invited a few folks over Monday for a barbecue potluck...nothing special, just hamburgers and hot dogs.  Everyone brought great food to add, so we ended up with a great meal. I think everyone enjoyed it...I know I did! 

It got a lot hotter than it has been so I had the bright idea of having the spinkler on so the kids could run through it.  You should know, if you don't already, that we don't have grass.  We do have a LOT of dirt.  Needless to say, dirt becomes mud when you turn on the water!  I wasn't sure the parents were going to go for it but thankfully everyone gave the go ahead!  We had 6 mud covered smiling kids by the end of it.  Definitely something they will not forget :)




No comments: