Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!!!

We missed a lot of birthdays before we moved to Las Vegas.  I sometimes think he would duck calls so he didn't have to acknowledge another year gone by before we moved close!

We are going to see my dad today.  I talk to my folks almost every day...less when I don't have a voice.  We owe so much to them.  They are the reason we made the move to Las Vegas.  I know, we don't love it now, but it has been a time of family bonding and reaching out.  That part of living here has been wonderful.  We are very blessed to have them so close. 

Mom is going to make BBQ ribs for the first time (I sent her the recipe and I know they will be great!), along with some potato salad and such.  I wonder what kind of cake he will have......I'll post pictures of the family when I get them!

3 comments:

Freebies, Deals, Coupons, and More said...

Testing my comment...can anyone else post?

Erika said...

Hope Uncle Jim had a great birthday!

Freebies, Deals, Coupons, and More said...

I think he did...he doesn't like lot of acknowledgment so cooking out was perfect. Today (his "real" birthday) they just hung out, got in the jacuzzi, and were watching movies last time I talked to them :)