Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Happy Father's Day

We went over to my folks today for a simple day of relaxation and celebration of the dads.  I have to say that Father's day and Mother's day are more important to me than birthdays.  I love to celebrate someone actually "doing" something as opposed to just "being".  It's just a silly thing I suppose, but when I think of it, it seems right to me.  Tracy is a wonderful dad.  Sometimes I don't think he knows how good he is...which might be ok.  The thing is, I think Sarah will look back and know with certainty that her father always loved her....I know I always knew/know that my folks love me.  It's wonderful that they have the pool.  I have to say it is the easiest way to escape the desert heat.  The summer has been lighter than usual so far but we are still enjoying the pool!  Dad threw some hamburgers on the grill and made up some us his stir fried zucchini and tomatoes from his garden (Dad is fixated with the joy of the garden :)Hope everyone had a great Father's Day!

No comments: