Friday, March 12, 2010

Rules For Life

Search & Win
It seems I am a "black and white" kind of girl. I have rules for making it through life. I'm always trying to impart my "wisdom" on Sarah but I'm not sure it's "sticking"...at least not yet :) I thought I might share some of the lessons I have come up with...they are ever evolving.

1. Live an honorable life even when it is the most difficult thing to do
Morals and values do seem to be "hard wired" into my head. I try to do the right things even when it's difficult to do.
2. Speak up for what you believe in
There is no point of living a life of ambiguity in order to be friends with everyone. You don't need to shove your beliefs down peoples throats but you should just sit back and let life happen either
3. Put your immediate family before everyone else
My husband and my daughter will always be my first priority. If I think about what is best for us as a family that's the important stuff!
4. Learn how to apologize and accept apologies when they are given sincerely
This is a pet peeve...I hate when someone apologizes by turning it back on me and explaining why they are still right and I'm still wrong but they apologize anyway. If you don't mean it but just want to continue making your point and smooth things...I don't deal. On the other hand, if you truly apologize and own your issue, apology accepted!
5. Give to your husband as you would like to be given to
Goes without explanation, don't you think?
6. When you make a mistake, correct it and move on
I hate when I make a mistake. It bothers me for ever. This has been difficult but I'm trying to learn to let go and learn from it
7. Work is good but it's not the most important thing
I do not define myself by the work I do. I define myself by the important people in my life. At the end of my time on this earth, no one is going to say I did good work...I hope they remember that I loved them well
8. Don't live your life worrying about what other people think
Too many people I've know live their lives trying to please other people....I love you all but I think I need to do things that are for our family not for anyone else even if that means we don't have the fancy cars, house, etc. :)
9. Remember to say thank you and be thankful for what you have
So easy to forget the simple act of saying thank you. I try to thank people for the things they do. So thank you if you have bothered to read this!
10. Ask God to guide you, He always knows the way
I'm trying to learn how to turn things over to God...he really already knows what is best for us. We just need to listen...and I'm not always good at listening 

No comments: