Monday, March 15, 2010

I Walked Back Into the Past for a Minute

Search & Win

Yesterday, I asked an old friend from the past to be my "friend" on facebook. We used to date for a brief minute after college and before my grown up move to California. I still have pictures of us in some box. Not too many, because I just didn't take that many pictures then. I did tell my husband that I would be adding him. We don't have the kind of relationship that makes that uncomfortable. He gets that I just want to connect with people...not look back with longing. I frankly, cannot imagine my life with anyone else!

So, today we became "friends". It made me happy to see that I could now update myself on where people are. The funny part was that he didn't even remember who I was. He was instant messaging me and I could tell from the probing questions that he wasn't sure where we'd met...and I was really amused because I thought I was a bit more memorable than that! As things progressed I put a link to an old picture from those days in the message and it suddenly clicked for him. The tone of the conversation changed entirely and he was the guy I remembered. We chatted just long enough for me to figure out that he is still single...still sings but not enough to make much money....and is still on the search for the "right girl". Things really don't change for some people, do they?

No comments: