Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Time for a change

It saddens me that with some changes comes confusion for others.  I wish I could fix the feelings that I'm sure will crop up as a result of our decision to be finished with our small group bible study.  We have been with them for about 5 years and I'm feeling the need to "detangle".  This is not a sudden decision.  I've actually been feeling this way for the last year.  We took the summer off, as we usually do because of all the summer activities.  As the summer progressed it seemed that this was a good time to not return.  We have a really lovely group of people but we just aren't feeling connected anymore.  Yesterday I received an email from our small group leader asking if we should take in more people and when/if everyone was coming back.  I responded back just saying that we had decided that this would be a good time for us to not return.  Everyone knows that we were selling our house and that we wanted to relocate....this shouldn't have been a great surprise.  Today I received a call from our small group leader asking if it was something she said or did.  I told her that of course it was nothing anyone had done.  We were just ready to grow with a new group...and this seemed like a good time to make this adjustment.  I'm hoping they will understand that sometimes you need to break free to find new growth. 

No comments: