Monday, July 5, 2010

My kid may indeed be a pyromaniac!

I have no pictures of yesterday.  I had the camera in my purse and managed to ignore it's existence.  This may be a first for me since I am a bit of a shutterbug when it comes to the family but we were having so much fun that I let it go!

This is the first summer in years that we haven't headed up to Lake Arrowhead with Tracy's side of the family.  Sarah absolutely loves it up there.  This year for various reasons we decided to stay home.  I'm so glad we did.  Sarah did not actually remember even playing with sparklers really, because you just don't have fireworks up at the lake due to the fire hazard.  So this turned into a real "experience".  I have to say she took to it very well! 

We are so lucky to have friends from her old school that were wonderful enough to invite about 35 + people over for a party.  I think at one point there must have been at least 15 kids in their pool.  Turns out it a bit interesting to watch that amount of kids try to find water to swim in!  Everyone brought at least $50 worth of fireworks so there was a pretty good stack.  Tracy was out in the middle of their cul-de-sac setting up a "show".  The 11-12 yr olds managed to help by lighting anything they could get their hands on.  Yes, at one point I saw Sarah actually just light a box on fire because there was nothing else to blow up.  I suppose that's a part of growing up she had missed until now.  There were so many poppers in the middle of the street that it looked as if it had snowed. 

I hope everyone had a great 4th!  I know it will be one we will remember for awhile :)

No comments: