Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Things change when you blink

I know that everyone told me that the time you have your child will go so quickly.  In the early years it didn't seem to hold true as we were with her so much and the daily journey just seemed....well, it was just life.  Now, as we are looking at the pre-teen little girl, things seem to be moving faster.  I can picture her in high school and college...then off for a life that doesn't include me on a daily basis.  The fun thing is watching what an interesting soul she is. 

The other day we went to Grandma and Grandpa Taylor's to exchange Christmas gifts.  It had been a few months since we had seen each other and it seems she "sprouted" when they were gone.  I got to see through their eyes how she had grown in just this short time.  I'd noticed the things like the talking for hours on the phone, texting between her and her one friend from school, her goofiness coming out, and her new interest in "negotiating with work" for things she wants instead of asking for them.  She's been writing a "book" on the computer, still drawing mostly manga type drawings, and bonding more with friends.  I've also noticed that the things that she is really interested in, she researches on the computer endlessly.  This kid knows more about her guinea pig than I thought possible.  She's growing up into such an interesting girl....

So I need to stop blinking because it's all going so fast and although I love who she is today, I know the girl of tomorrow is just as wonderful.  I feel blessed every day to have this child to nurture.  I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

1 comment:

Jae said...

It's true, it does go by so fast. It makes me sad. We just have to focus on all the great memories of our children and love each day we have with them.