Friday, January 7, 2011

Getting organized....

I am not a person that does resolutions.  It's not that they don't work for me...I just chose to live life the way I'm going to every day.  I'm unlikely to make some monumental change by chosing one day to make that decision.  Maybe that's just me!

That being said, I've decided that I need to get my grocery budget in line.  After going through FPU it seemed that this is the one area I could affect just by being more diligent.  We are eaters.  We love food and I enjoy cooking.  I've always thought I was careful by watching the price per oz and buying when on sale but I don't think I've been near diligent enough.  There is definitely room for improvement. 

Though this is not necessarily a New Year resolution, it definitely is something I can do that will be good for my family. I'm going to give couponing a shot this year.  I've used coupons but never with any real objective in mind....just savings a little here and there.  This year I want to actually watch and try to stock up.  It's become apparent this year, with the unemployment of my dearest, to the slow down in my own work, that we are in precarious circumstances financially.  I can't even "budget" because there is no weekly amount I can count on.  This is why FPU was great for solidifying what we were already attempting to do, but didn't really change our financial peace as of yet. 

So I'm starting to coupon.  It's something I can control and I need something I can control right now.  I'll try to track my progress on my other blog but I thought I would put here what my thoughts were and why I'm trying to do something new and "different" this year.  Anyone else want to join me?

No comments: