Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mommy Multi-tasking!

Seems I like to take off more than is smart to chew!  I have decided that my work is "unsteady"...not sure how long the business will survive and frankly there are so many folks, unemployed right now in my field (i.e. bookkeeping) that I couldn't even begin to get a job that will pay much for quite awhile if it does go away.  This is also a concern because I haven't had to go back to work full time since we had the little girl.  We had decided that I would work when she is in school and then off after.  This has worked out really well, with the exception of the summers, when Grammy & Grampy have willingly stepped in to help us out. 

So.....I took the project  of taking on doing a blog that might make us a little extra money if I had to go on unemployment: Freebies, Great Deals, and Swag Bucks.  I get to research and find coupons, deals, etc and help people find ways to save.  This has always been a bit of a passion for me and after Dave Ramsey I just can't imagine paying for something at full price!  I think I might actually try to tie in my passion for cheap cooking as well but that might have to be on the back burner since putting this all together is taking mommy time and I hate to do that.  I do feel like I've gone back to school trying to understand all this affiliate marketing and HTML stuff.  Most of it is partially sinking in and part is so far out of my understanding that I am going to have to seek help....which I'm not good at asking for!  Still this is fun and I'm hoping it will work out so that we can feel a bit more secure.  Oh and did I mention that we are thinking of letting people use some of our property for a garden coop for church.....so much to do and so little time to take it on!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog