Friday, September 24, 2010

What you want is not always what you get.....

It turns out that sometimes I might or might not misinterpret Gods plans for us.  Tracy believes now that we need to stay in Vegas.  Obviously the market is horrible and we can't sell our house for anything near what it's worth.  His work is consistent despite the economy...14.3% reported unemployment.  I have reason to believe the unemployment is much higher but that's who is still receiving payment...we aren't talking about those underemployed, not taking unemployment any longer, or just given up folks..but that's a story for another day.  Regardless....I have to resolve to accept that I am stuck in Nevada.  I guess you know I don't enjoy living here.  From the outside it might seem like this is a great place to live...lots of entertainment....places to go...things to do....and all the time I'm trying to find a good place for family stuff.  I wish I knew Gods' plan.  I wish I knew why were led here.  God know why we are here.  Maybe he will let us in on it soon....in the mean time, I guess we stay here and I try to be happy and make more family through friends.  It's life...we are meant to live it even if we don't know why things are the way they are

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and love that you accept things as they are. I wish things would have worked out with the move to Texas, but I trust that things will work out for the best. Maybe this isn't the time to move. Funny that you mention that you're wishing you knew what God was wanting us to do. 3 people in the past month have told me to journal, which is meditation while taking notes. They say that through this you will hear the voice of God. Hoping this will work. I need to hear what our next step should be. I'll let you know what I hear.

Erika said...

It's so tough in these times. While we would so love for you guys to be close by, we know one can't argue with the economic status of LV, much less argue with God! While it's difficult to sometimes figure out just what it is that God is doing, it is such a kick when His plan finally begins to be revealed!