Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Invasion....

We got broken into.  Thankfully Tracy had left the house for a few hours and he didn't encounter them, however they did invite themselves to a few of our things.  I guess the money amount is probably not that much for most people...and we do have homeowners insurance but I still feel invaded upon.  The police didn't show up for 5 hours so we got to "stew" in the loss before they came.  They took a 60" flat panel, 2 laptops (the one we just got for Sarah's birthday), my purse - which I left on my dresser because my shoulder was hurting and I didn't want to lug a big old purse around, an old ipod, Tracy's jewelry box with some family history, Sarah's allowance that she had been saving and our change jar.  Oh, and they took the wine out of the wine cooler.  It was not a major invasion but now I'm crazy about locking the doors.  How did they get in...either Tracy accidentally left a door open when he left or they came through our dog door...it doesn't really matter.  I'm thankful there are no broken doors or windows.  I found out a couple of days later that they probably hit the puppy...our neighbor to the back of the property heard him yelp and cry out like he was hurt and came running out.  I'm saddest that they hurt him.  He has been very needy this week.  Hopefully he will start to trust other people again.  I think he will...he is such a sweet soul.  So, I'm dealing with a sleepless child, a roll around in bed husband, and the tax man this week at work....can you say overwhelmed?

2 comments:

Erika said...

Unbelieveable! I'm just glad none of you were at home (poor puppy though). I hope you guys will be able to get everything resolved quickly with the insurance company! Be safe!! XOXO

Freebies, Deals, Coupons, and More said...

I know, right? I don't know why but I still feel the need to whine about it! The police report is still not done...we have a huge amount of paperwork to put together for the insurance company, and to laptop had a lojack on it and the police are not responding because they are too busy. It is all very frustrating!