Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nut, Crazy, Psyco, Racist, Nazi, etc....

So if I disagree with your political position you can call me names? I guess I'm starting to get a little bothered that some of my "friends" think that they can call anyone who doesn't agree with them politically or socially little "names".  Truthfully I do not currently affiliate myself with a particular party.  They are all starting to get under my skin.  I'm a social and political conservative so most people assume I'm a Republican or a Tea Party member.  I usually have voted on the Republican side but am willing to look at any candidate whom I believe would stand up for my values and principals.  That also means that I am more than willing to get rid of ALL of the politicians on the hill right now that have made a long career of being a politician.  They've screwed things up and frankly I'm done! 

What bothers me most is that I am not finding liberals who believe as I do.  I would like to. We might be able to actually get somewhere if there was true "tolerance".   Do they really believe that "someone else" caused all this chaos? 

Here are a few names being called out this week both from left and right that I can remember:  psyco,nut, racist, nazi, intolerant, unintelligent, irresponsible, stupid....
I'll let you decided what side these names were coming from but it was largely one side and I don't know how you can call out those names and expect to be able to have a conversation with the other side.  Come on people....

1 comment:

Erika said...

Liberal or conservative - the moment I hear messages get personal, resort to name-calling, etc., I tune out. It speaks desperation. I would be utterly shocked to see any politician stick to an issue rather than getting down and dirty about anyone who opposes said issue. It's pathetic.