Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sometimes life gives you lemons.....

I'm not a person that gets "sad" or "blue" all that often.  I tend to find optimism in most situations even when it's bleak.  That being said, sometimes you just seem to "step in it".

Several things are setting the tone for me here.

I'm a bookkeeper and business where I work is horrible.  Vegas construction is dead.  I frankly don't know if I will have a job in a month.  I do the collections, A/P, A/R, etc and I can see where things are going.  On top of that, with 14% unemployment it's fairly clear that finding a job for the hours I get to work (mommy hours) for the money they pay will be very difficult. 


Then there is the school system:  My kid just came home and told me she's stupid. She doesn't want to go back to school, wants to be home schooled, and thinks her teachers don't care if they learn because her math teacher told her that the No Child Left Behind is making it so it doesn't matter if she teaches anyway. Ok, then!


Then there is selling a house.  Our house is losing approx. $10K a month currently according to the comparisons.  At this point, I have about 3 more months before we can barely break even.  Again, frustrating but I know God has a plan for us.   I refuse to give up on us moving out of this hole!

Finally, this weekend, we were invited to a confirmation for one of Sarah's friends (almost 3 months ago).  Sarah was invited to her best friend from grade school's birthday party at the same time as the confirmation (3 days before).  I made an "executive" decision and had us go to the confirmation.  Sadly, I'm afraid Sarah's friend's family may very well not understand our non-attendance.  I felt like the larger lesson was to stick to your commitments...and since she loves both friends it seemed to be a decision based on timing of the invitation.  And...we had a great time.  We would have had a nice time at the other event also.

So basically I'm whining and I really don't have a reason to, because in spite of these few things I still have so many wonderful things that more than make up for the stressers.   Thankfully, Tracy is good at reminding me that we should turn it all over to God.  So God, I give it to you

No comments: