Sunday, May 16, 2010

Long Somewhat Productive Weekend......

This weekend was a clean-up weekend!  We've been asking our realtor for a bit of input and she has finally told us that we have had a lot of people driving by but no one is requesting to see more.  It was apparent to her that we need to give a bit more "curb appeal".  Truthfully, our house has never been beautiful from the outside.  It is an old horse property in the middle of the desert.  I would guess there has never been a lot of "landscaping" here.  We have weeds...  This weekend Tracy rented a bobcat and we scraped the back "yard" of as many weeds as we could. 

I cleaned up the back patio as well as I could and painted a couple of old chairs we received from some friends 5 years ago, and put them on the front porch.  I wish I could say it's now beautiful...it's not.  It is improved. We are hoping that we can add a few bushes to the front of the house in boxes we plan to build around the front.  I hate to put a lot of money into this place considering how little we make from it...but we have to put that best foot forward. 

Life is a blessing...


No comments: