Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Getting back to normal

We received a check from the insurance company and are starting to buy our "stuff" back. It's a strange process. You have to buy everything and get reimbursed back for a portion of it.  It's a fine line because for instance, we have to buy another TV for $1780 in order to get $355 but of course they only give you  $1400...which we could do but since we have decided not to replace the TV we give up the $355. We have decided that it is better to pay down some "debt" rather than us it where it is not needed but I sure would have liked to have the extra money to pay down more! Oh well, somethings just aren't that important in the end.
 
We have so far replaced the laptops with some upgrades (justifying this by not replacing the ipods and using the money here instead :) Tracy was able to get our universal remote so he's happy....also an upgrade in his opinion (I'm simple so whatever makes him happy is good!) I also went out and bought a purse/wallet and ordered all my Mary Kay makeup back. It's rather funny that although I don't really wear makeup that often, I missed a few things when they weren't there! I have been blessed with a lovely friend who replaced the makeup at almost cost plus shipping so in effect, I was able to get double and keep 1/2 in my purse and 1/2 at home. I think this will make life much easier! We also made sure Sarah got all her allowance money back so she is a happy girl!


There is more to do...more to deal with, but it has been fairly simple considering. I'm thinking a camera/security system is in our future if we can cost it into the deal.  Somehow, feeling safe is now a consideration!

1 comment:

Erika said...

So glad to hear things are at least moving along in the process. And of course glad that Tracy got to upgrade to a universal remote! ;)