Thursday, April 22, 2010

So now it begins

I'm thankful to be selling our house right now.  I know that's kind of backward from where most people expect us to be, but I think it's the right time.  It's the wrong time for making money...we'll be lucky to pull out with our shirts....but we will start a new adventure.  Adventure is good.  We get to step out of ourselves and our comfort zone and start something totally fresh.  We get to "redefine".  I told Sarah the other day that the most interesting thing about starting a new school is you can "redefine" what you want people to see about you.  It occurs to me that Tracy and I can do the same if we so choose.  I imagine we are who we are but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot to try some new things and embrace a new "culture". 

Do you sometime think you may be a bit deluded to believe that you are following a path that no one else can see?  I believe with my whole heart that God has a plan for us that might very well include this time and this move.  The fact that we are planning this move away from family and friends makes it more difficult but definitely not prohibitive.  We will have new friends, meet new people, and meet some family we don't know.  Life has a way of working out....even if it's not the way you had it pictured when you were 10 :)

No comments: