Monday, April 26, 2010

God's Knot

We went to our niece's wedding this weekend.  She is an amazing person.  If it were any other couple I would hesitate to suggest marriage at such a young age these days.  She's a different girl.  She is God filled, and God directed.  I have no input in how she as turned out but I am proud to be in her family.  Her parents have done a great job with these girls and it shows every time we meet. 

Their marriage was charming, beautiful, simple and impactful.  One comment the pastor said during the ceremony sticks with me. It comes from Ecclesiastes.  Two Christians that are bound together in Christ, are stronger than the individuals themselves. Christian marriage is about more than the union of a man and woman. God performs a miracle in our marriage, uniting us together in a covenant relationship with Him as one. The cord of three strands is a symbol of that sacred union created on your wedding day. I love that thought.  I love that my marriage is like a braid, stronger with God to bind us. 

I pray for their bond to be as strong as the braid and to always rely on God to be a part of their marriage. 

Congratulations Allie & Graham

No comments: