Monday, February 22, 2010

A Prayer for Direction

We started this discussion on my profile on Facebook and I just wasn't feeling comfortable with it being out there until decisions were made so I'll place it here for "comment"....

A couple of weeks ago Tracy prayed for direction. I don't know the exact words of the prayer, but I know that he told God to take our lives in His hands and do what He thought was best for our lives. It was the next day that Tracy got laid off work. We are not sad...God is taking us in a direction.

We've been talking for the last 4 years about making a move out of the state. I've been feeling like Texas was feeling like a fit for our values and life style. We loved living in Southern California, but based on the current work and housing environment it seems unwise to return.

If we do leave Las Vegas, we are looking for a great place to be for a really long time. I want family close. Sarah needs family. I would like great school systems and great local colleges for her to attend. It has been too much to ask for in Nevada. It can't be too much to ask where we end up. Tracy needs to find work that feeds his soul...and his family. Do I want to go back to full time work...not really. I think it is even more important that I am there every day after school making sure she always know we are there and paying attention. I'm smart enough, I'll find some way to keep being a wife and mom at home as much as possible. They deserve that.

Will we move on or will we stay...I'm not sure but I guess I'm looking for pro's and con's. I think God will show us a path but we get to choose, because that's we were are given: free will

Thank you God
Original post to Facebook 2/22/10